Effective July 1 2017
1. Who are we?
‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to The Good Card Pty Ltd ABN 21 609 762 601 (The Good Card)
2. Our commitment to protect your privacy
We recognise that any personal information we collect about you will only be used for the purposes we have collected it or as allowed under the law. It is important to us that you are confident that any personal information we hold about you will be treated in a way which ensures protection of your personal information.
Our commitment in respect of personal information is to abide by the Australian Privacy Principles for the protection of personal information, as set out in the Privacy Act and any other relevant law.
3. Do we collect sensitive information?
We do not generally collect sensitive information about individuals unless required by law.
“Sensitive information” is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 and includes information about race, political or religious beliefs, sexual preferences, criminal convictions and health information.
In accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), The Good Card must comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. You have the right to lodge a complaint if you believe The Good Card has breached the Australian Privacy Principles.
4. The Good Card may collect your personal information:
- to identify you in accordance with the AML Legislation and Visa scheme rules;
- to provide information about a product or service;
- to consider your request for a product or service;
- to provide you with a product or service;
- to assist in arrangements with other organisations in relation to the provision of a product or service or suspend its operation until it is provided;
- to perform administrative and operational tasks (including systems development and testing, staff training, and market or customer satisfaction research);
- to prevent or investigate any fraud or crime (or a suspected fraud or crime); and
- as required by relevant laws and scheme rules.
In some circumstances, The Good Card may collect your personal information from a third party service provider (which may include business, merchant, not for profit or registered charities that are currently participating in The Good Card Program). The Good Card may collect information from other participants in the payments system and other financial institutions in order to resolve disputes or errors. The Good Card may collect this information in order to manage the service they provide to you, consistent with the Visa Prepaid Card Conditions of Use.
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, The Good Card may be unable to provide you with a product or service.
The Good Card may provide your information:
- to the issuer of Good Card branded products (for example Prepaid Card Issuers)
- to Good Card Loyalty Scheme participating businesses and/or beneficiaries (in an effort to connect your spending with fundraising)
- to another member of its group;
- to any outsourced service providers (for example mailing houses, fraud and anti-money laundering service providers, data switch service companies);
- to regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
- to other parties as is authorised or required by law; or
- to participants in the payments system and other financial institutions for the purpose of resolving disputes, errors or other matters arising out of your use of the Visa Prepaid Card or third parties using your Visa Prepaid Card or Visa Prepaid Card information.
You may access any of your personal information at any time by calling The Good Card on 1300 10 30 79. The Good Card may charge you a reasonable administration fee for access. This fee will be advised to you upfront in order for you to determine whether you wish to access your personal information. If you can show that information about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, The Good Card will take reasonable steps to ensure it is corrected so that it is accurate, complete and up to date. The Good Card will not charge any extra fee for correcting your information. There may be circumstances when The Good Card may be unable to provide you with access to or to correct your information, in which The Good Card will provide you with a written reason. For details on how you may access and seek correction of the personal information refer to section 5.
5. Access to and correction of your personal information
You are entitled to ask us to supply you with any personal information that we hold about you. You can submit your request by contacting:
The Good Card
Post: Ground Floor, 810 Pacific Hwy. Gordon, NSW, 2027
Phone: 1300 10 30 79
Fax: 02 9416 0630
6. Direct marketing
From time to time The Good Card may use your personal information to provide you with current information relating to The Good Card’s fundraising platform, offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any company with whom we are associated. We may use third party businesses to assist us in managing your account.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by telephoning us on 1300 10 30 79 or by writing to us at The Good Card, Ground Floor, 810 Pacific Hwy, Gordon NSW 2072.
If the direct marketing is by email you may also use the unsubscribe function. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
7. Data quality and information security
- maintain robust physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information we hold from loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. These include procedures for ensuring physical security and computer system and network security
- make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date
- destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose
- ensure any authorised Good Card personnel are provided with access to personal information only as necessary to perform their roles and these personnel have agreed to ensure the confidentiality of the information they handle
- ensure our systems and procedures undergo regular audits in order to identify risks to information security so that we can take reasonable steps to mitigate and eliminate any such risks
If you are dissatisfied with how we have dealt with your personal information, or you have a complaint about our compliance with the Privacy Act, please contact The Good Card on 1300 10 30 79, or email email@example.com
We will acknowledge your complaint within seven days. We will provide you with a decision on your complaint within 30 days. If you are dissatisfied with the response of our complaints officer you may make a complaint to the office of the Australian Information Commissioner which can be contacted on either www.oaic.gov.au or 1300 363 992.
You may request further information about the way we manage your personal information by contacting us.
We are constantly reviewing all of our policies and attempt to keep up to date with market expectations. Technology is constantly changing, as is the law and market place practices.